Setting Up Duo Mobile for Los Rios District Multi-Factor Authentication
In a web browser, navigate to: https://mfa.losrios.edu.
You will be presented with the Los Rios District Single Sign On (SSO) webpage.
- Enter your W+ID
- Enter your Los Rios District password
- Click Login
If you have not already setup your Duo Mobile account with Los Rios, you will be presented with the Duo Mobile setup screen.
Click Start Setup.
You will be asked which kind of device you want to setup your authentication for. The district recommends you use your smart phone and Select Mobile Phone. If you are unable to use a smart phone, there are alternatives available:
- Tablet – A smart device that does not use cellular data
- Landline – Receive a phone call instead of an electronic push notification
- Security Key – Be assigned a physical device to refer to when authenticating
Scroll down and click Continue.
You will be asked to enter your phone number.
Enter your phone number
- After entering your phone number you will be presented with a checkbox to confirm the correct number was entered.
Check the box.
You will be asked to select the type of smart phone you are using.
Select the appropriate phone operating system.
You will be instructed on how to find the Duo Mobile application for your smart phone.
On your smart phone, open the App Store.
Search for Duo Mobile. NOTE: the white text on green background to help choose the appropriate icon.
Download and Install the Duo Mobile app
- Once installed, return to the setup webpage.
Click I have Duo Mobile.
You will be asked to add Los Rios to your Duo Mobile app.
You will see a QR code on your screen.
On your smart phone, open Duo Mobile.
- If prompted, allow the app to send you notifications.
Click the ‘+’ sign to add a new account.
- If prompted, allow the app to access your camera.
Use the phone’s camera to scan the QR code.
If successful, the QR code will appear with a green checkmark on it.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
You will be prompted to choose a default action when you sign into Duo Mobile.
District IT recommends you select Automatically send this device a Duo push.
- Wait until the green text says “Saved”
Click Continue to Login.
The webpage will send a push to your Duo Mobile application on your smart phone.
You have the option of having Duo “Remember me for 30 days”.
For each District service that requires Duo authentication, you can opt to have the Duo not prompt you for 30 days.
If you have set the Duo service to automatically “Send Me a Push” or “Call Me”.
Click the “Cancel” button in the blue bar that appears at the bottom. This cancels the authentication request.
Click the “Dismiss” button that appears in the blue bar that appears at the bottom.
To request the service to not prompt for 30 days:
Check the “Remember me for 30 days” checkbox.
Check your phone for a notification.
Tap the notification to open the Duo Mobile App.
If successful, you should see a message stating that you have successfully enrolled in MFA.
If you see a message saying the attempt was “stale”, the setup process took to long to log into the webpage. That’s okay, the account should still have been created.
- In your browser, browse to https://mfa.losrios.edu
- Re-sign into the Los Rios District Single Sign on webpage.
- Enter your W+ID
- Enter your Los Rios District Password
- Click Login
- You should be prompted to approve your authentication with the option you selected.
- Approve the authentication
- The webpage should display that you were successfully enrolled in MFA.
Contact your college IT Help Desk if you have any questions or need help.