How do I change my “preferred” name?

To change your “official” name you must go to Human Resources with your new SSN card and a picture ID, and documentation of your name change (marriage license, divorce papers, etc.).

To change your “preferred” name, log into Employee Self Service (ESS), click on Contact Information, click on your preferred name, update your name and click Save. NOTE:  At this time the display name in Active Directory (email) is not auto-updated.  If you change your preferred name please submit a support request (link below) to have Active Directory updated.

If you are unable to find a resolution to your issue or have further questions please go to Service Central and click “Report an Issue”. 

← Faculty/Staff Page