Respondus LockDown Browser (LDB) is not working. What do I do now?
The LDB is best used in a controled setting. Programs and settings on your computer can affect whether or not and how well the LDB will work on your machine. Please try the steps below. If the LDB still does not work, the only options are to try on another machine or go to the campus and use a computer in one of the computer labs. NOTE: Please be sure to contact your instructor and let them know you are having this issue.
Follow these steps and let us know if you are able to log in using the lock down browser.
- Open the control panel
- Open “Internet Options”
- Click on the last tab at the top – “Advanced”
- Click on the button at the bottom, “Restore Advanced Settings” then click on “Apply”
- Click on the button below that “Reset…”, and then Click on reset again.
- Click on “OK” to exit the Internet Options screen
- In the control panel, find the “Add Remove Programs” and un-install Respondus
- Restart your computer
- Re-install Respondus
- Restart your computer again
- Launch Respondus and log into D2L
If you need further assistance please submit a D2L Support Request.